Monday 28 October 2013

diy: TARDIS painted pumpkin


I really really love Doctor Who.

If you didn't know that before, I'm sure it's blatantly obvious now.
(Remember the TARDIS shoe diy?  More proof.)


This pumpkin actually has a funny story behind it.  I found it while we were harvesting pumpkins about 6 weeks ago, and I thought to myself: "What a strange looking pumpkin.  It's almost shaped like a rectangle!".  I instantly knew that it had to be mine, and that I was going to paint it like a TARDIS.  So here we are!  I painted it like a TARDIS, and am quite pleased with it.

Materials:
-blue paint
-black paint
-white paint
-paintbrushes (one large, one small)
-white paint pen
-a lot of patience

Directions:
First I washed and dried my pumpkin to ensure no dirt remained.  Then I painted 2 coats of blue paint over the whole thing, letting each coat completely dry before applying the next.  Next, I used a small paintbrush to paint fine black lines along the "corner edges" of the TARDIS, and let it dry.  I used a pencil to then outline the black rectangle at the top of each side (where "Police Public Call Box" will go), as well as the 8 panels on each side. I painted the black boxes in, as well as mixed a dark blue colour to outline each panel.  After everything was dry, I wrote out Police Public Call Box using pencil first, and then used a white paint pen to write over top of it.  I printed out the little sign for the front door, and stuck it on with double sided tape!  
{*Update: I fixed the missing windows :P  so now it looks much better}

Let it dry, and you're good to go!



Happy pumpkin painting!

p.s. ♥ kelsey

4 comments:

Leave us some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...